Transforming Your Photography Props into Chic Home Decor
When it comes to photography, props can add interest and depth to your images. But instead of buying props specifically for photography, why not select items that can also serve as home decor? This way, you can save money and create a cohesive aesthetic in your home. To select photography props that double as home decor, consider the following tips:
- Choose items that match your home's style and color scheme: When picking out props, consider the overall style and color palette of your home. Select items that complement your existing decor and won't look out of place when not in use for photography.
- Look for versatile and multi-functional items: Choose props that can be used in a variety of settings and for different purposes. For example, a basket can be used as a prop for a still life photograph or one of our moodelier curvy step piece that will surely elevate your product photography and at the same time you can use it to display your favorite accessories such, jewelries and your sunglasses.
- Incorporate personal items and sentimental objects: Personal items and sentimental objects can add a unique and meaningful touch to your photographs. Consider incorporating items like family heirlooms, vintage pieces, or handmade items into your photos.
- Select items that are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing: When choosing props, look for items that are not only attractive but also useful. For example, a beautifully patterned throw pillow (that we might or might not be launching next year 😉). Join the waitlist here.
Once you have selected your photography props, you can use them to add style and interest to your home decor. Here are some tips for styling your props:
- Use them as part of a portrait: Create a small, attractive display by grouping your props together on a shelf, table, or other surface. Vignettes can add visual interest and draw the eye to a specific area of a room. Just like our Moodelier Shelves.
- Incorporate them into your everyday decor: For example, use our double-sided wavy cube as pedestal or bench for your photoshoot session, to elevate your products or models and you can also use it as a side table.
- Mix and match different styles and textures: Don't be afraid to mix and match different styles and textures in your props and decor. This can add visual interest and create a layered, collected look.
- Use them to add color and pattern: Photography props can be a great way to add pops of color and pattern to a room. Choose props in bold, vibrant colors or interesting patterns to add visual interest and personality to your decor. Check out our Classic collection!
Additionally, consider the following tips for styling your home with photography props:
- Create a focal point: Use your props to create a focal point in a room. This can be a group of objects arranged on a shelf, a large piece of artwork, or even a colorful throw pillow.
- Experiment with different arrangements: Don't be afraid to move your props around and experiment with different arrangements. This can help you discover new ways to use your props and create a fresh, dynamic look in your home. So it is best to invest on a prop that you can easily move around like our modular Moodelier Home Collections.
- Add layers and depth: Use your props to add layers and depth to a space. For example, stock up the wavy cubes at a certain height and put on some plants on top of it, or drape a throw blanket over the back of a sofa.
By selecting and styling photography props that also serve as home decor, you can create a cohesive and stylish aesthetic in your home while saving money on props. Plus, you'll have a range of versatile items at your disposal for your photography sessions. You can also set up your shelf as a mini photo set that will inspire you to create your next product photography shoot.